22 Dec 2016

Bauble shaker card



Hello and welcome.

Today, I am sharing this Christmas bauble shaker card. I used 2 different techniques to raise the card front for the shaker and will share my experience with them.
I did not have any bauble die so I made my own bauble from some circle die and specialty papers.

First, I die-cut some circle on a square white card stock. I glued clear acetate onto the card (where the circle were) from the back. A variety of die cut shapes were glued to the front of the acetate as bauble decorations. Strips of gold wrapping paper was glued on top of the baubles.

I gold heated embossed the sentiment and the bauble strings from Mama Elephant Jingle Greetings. The little heart next to the sentiment was die cut from some glitter paper.

For the first card, I die-cut and glued many pieces of rings (which fits the size of the circles) together. I then added the shaker elements (Martha Stewart CottonCandy and others embellishments from local shops) inside the raised rings before putting on the purple card base. One of the challenge I faced with this technique was that I had to put similar height of foam tape around the corner of the card so I can glue it properly to the card base.

Luckily, with a variety of foam tape, I was able to get the right height and the shaker elements did not fall out.


For the second card, I decided to layered foam tapes around the circle to raise the card so I can easily go round the back of the card with similar layers of foam tape. One trick I learnt from other  online crafters was to remove both backing of the foam tape so you can bend the foam tape to go round the circle easily. The problem I had with this technique is that the shaker elements tend to stick to the foam tape, so I would glue some of the embellishments in the centre of the see-through area to make sure there were still visible.
 I tied a bow with gold string and glued onto one of the bauble. For the bauble string, I drew freehand some red lines and bows.

That’s all from me today. Thanks for dropping by and see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment