20 Jan 2019

Christmas 2018 - slider card



Hello everyone!

This year I did not make as many cards as I had wanted. But I did made some for close families and friends. I hope you had more time to craft than I had. Today I am sharing a couple of fun, slider cards that I made with my nephews and a dear friend in mind. Slider card is an interactive card where one or more components on a card can move.





The first card is this cute reindeer pulling a sled filled with presents home passing a backdrop of Mama Elephant snow-capped mountain. The reindeer is from LawnFawn Toboggan Together. The images were coloured using Copic markers coated with Spectrum Noir to give it shine and coated with glossy accents to give it additional texture.





Firstly, I ink blended all the backdrop, the sky is blended using Salty Ocean Distress Oxide, the mountains blended using Walnut Stain and Black Soot Distress Oxide, the ice-ground was blended using Altenew Sea Glass. I covered the mountains randomly with Spectrum Noir to give it some iced-covered feel.




The slider track is made using LawnFawn Slide on Over die. I then attached MFT Spin and Slide disc onto the reindeer and the presents. You can attached any element onto the images, it can be a penny (what I used in previous project or a slider element) that will run along the track.  Some foam tapes was placed all around the track on the inside to give space for the image to move along the track. The sentiments from Mama Elephant Jingle Greetings was white embossed and I finished the card with some sequins.



The second card is this snowball fight scene. The images and sentiments are from the Lawn Fawn Toboggan Together stamp set. The sky was blended using Distress Oxide Peacock Feather and Cracked Pistachio. The snow drift was blended lightly with AltenewMountain Mist and Sea Glass. The small snowflakes image from the stamp set was heat embossed on to the sky. For this card, the snowball will move along the track to hit the sitting penguin. Isn’t that cute? 




I hope you will try out today’s card and will be back soon. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment