5 Jul 2018

Little Agenda & Distress Oxides Ink


I have been wanting to try Distress Oxide since I heard how well it blends with its dye and pigment properties. Ink blending has always been a challenge to me as I always find myself too heavy handed. As you can see in my cards here, the oxides ink blended very well and see how smooth they looked.



I got myself the Mama Elephant Little Cats (eventhough I am a dog person), Little Boy and Little Girl Agenda as they are soooo cute. I thought they are very versatile and with their small size, I could also stamp them in my planner. 



I coloured the agendas with a variety of colour pencils that I have (Staedler, Prisma, Luna) and fussy cut them using scissors. I used Prisma colourless blender to blend and smooth out the colours. Details like little hearts, polka dots and flowers were added on the dress using  a Pigma Micron 0.05 black pen.

I decided to colour all the images as I was not sure what I wanted to use and I figured I could keep the rest for future projects. Besides, colouring is therapeutic and a good way to spend my time.


The frame was die-cut using MFT Blueprint 27. The negative part of the frame was used as mask  (with weak glue tape on the backside) to colour the frame window. I know the card looked terrible at this point in time but the frame will cover all the ugly bits later.


Each of the window was blended using different Distress Oxide inks (Cracked Pistachios, Wild Honey, Picked Raspberry and Broken China) using an ink blending tool.


I was never good at ink blending; but the Distress Oxide is very easy to blend and it gives a smoother and creamier effect.
For one of the card, the images from Mama Elephant was glued on using foam tape to give it dimensions whilst for the other card, I kept it one layer. 
The sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Birthday Balloons was black heat embossed (Versafine Black Onyx + Clear Embossing powder). I added additional layers of the frame onto the card as I realised that the initial card stock I used did not match the colour on the card base (visible in the pictures).


The card was completed with embellishment using Nuvo DropsWhite Blizzard Glitter Drop and Strawberry Coulis Jewel Drop.


I hope you enjoy today’s card. It was really fun to create and both cards are going out soon to their recipients.

No comments:

Post a Comment