17 Jul 2018

Distress Oxides Embossed Background




Hello and welcome. Aren’t these backgrounds just gorgeous? I used Distress Oxide ink briefly in one of my earlier post and wanted to play with them more so I decided to do some background by blending Distress Oxide ink.


For this first card, I blended Salty Ocean and Faded Jeans and sprayed a few squirts of Imagine Crafts Shimmer Spritz and set to dry. 



Then I put the card into the We Are Memory Keepers NextLevel embossing folder (Woven) and ran it through the die-cut machine. Look at all those texture that came out of the embossing folder. Just amazing!
Image from MFT Beary Special Birthday was coloured using ZigClean Color Real Brush, fussy-cut and glued onto a rectangle white stitched card stock (die cut with MFT Flop Card- Rectangle) and affixed onto the coloured embossed background.
Still amazed with details on the background. Nuvo TonicCrystal Glaze was added onto the cake and Ebony Black Crystal Glaze was added onto the bear’s nose.
For this card, the initial plan was to smudge Distress OxideWilted Violet over the inside of the embossing folder and ran the card through it and let the colour transfer onto the card.
Unfortunately, that did not work out as planned. The transfer was splotchy and the card looked terrible, so I took a water brush and watercoloured the whole piece. Then I added some Perfect Pearls onto the piece to give it some shine.
I liked that it came out with a ‘distressed’ look.
The image and sentiment from MFT Beary Special Birthday was watercoloured, glued onto a stitched white card and onto the background.
The background for this card was blended using PeacockFeather and Lucky Clover with spritz of shimmer spray, and ran through a We areMemory Keepers Next Level embossing folder.
The images and sentiments were from MFT Beary Special Birthday and Spectrum Noir was used to add shine to the gift box.
For the fourth card, I smudged the whole Worn Lipstick inkpad onto the card. Again this was ran through an embossing folder. I love how the card felt when I rub my hands through it. It felt really smooth and silky.
Initially, I wanted to trim the card down but then I changed my mind later on so I pieced the card back together on the card base and you can clearly see the cut line, which I thought was a nice piece of detail.
The image from MFT Happy Hippos was watercoloured. The sentiment from MFT Bitty Bears was stamped onto white card stock die cut with MFT speech die. These were glued onto the coloured embossed card stock.
I hope you enjoyed today’s cards. I really enjoyed crafting using Distress Oxide and embossing folder and the effect is really gorgeous with the smooth, creamy texture and deep, embossed detail. And these bears and hippos and just too adorable! Have a nice week ahead. 










No comments:

Post a Comment