13 Jun 2018

Lawn Fawn Scalloped Box Pop Up Card - Birthday party theme




I absolutely adore this pop-up box card die. It is so much fun and there’s so many scenes you can create with it. I did a simple birthday theme for my first attempt using this die and I know I will use this die again many times in future. 


First, I die-cut the scalloped box card pop-up and all the accompanying dies that came in the pack. Then I assembled the box card with the banners. I used pretty pattern papers to cover the sides of the box card.

Then I stamped the sentiments (Penny Black Heartfelt Thanks) on some of the patterned paper.


The images from Mama Elephant Little Boy Agenda, Little Girl Agenda, Little Cat Agenda and Toy Shop were stamped, heat embossed and coloured with colour pencils. (I actually did this in an earlier project and I used the balance for this card, will post this earlier project later as I haven't post the card yet. Don't want to ruin the surprise for the recipients.)

I did not have a grass die cut so I just improvised using a green card stock and snipped here and there off the top.

I made the top most layer like a stage for performers in the party.

I added various images of balloons, cakes and presents for the birthday theme. There was boys playing sports and having a good time. 


Finally, the images were embellished with bits of Spectrum Noir and the balloons, ice-cream and motorcycle were covered with glossy accents to give them added dimensions. 
I have a fun video to show you how the card fits into the envelope and how it pops up when opens.


No comments:

Post a Comment