30 Aug 2018

Polka dots background



I find that lately I had enjoyed spending time creating backgrounds for my cards. For the cards in the blogpost, I used MFT Peek-a-BooPolka Dots die to punch out many circles to create the card background. I finished all the cards differently using various elements that I had created previously and this technique is also a good way to use up your scraps.




I glued 4-5 polka-dots circles together and then positioned them onto the card base using the negative die-cut as a guide. I used mainly scraps to die cut the circles and did not have enough for some of them to fill up the whole card so I positioned them towards the centre of the card. 



For the first card, the background is made from lilac and teal polka dot. Some die-cut flowers were glued randomly onto the card. I added pearl embellishment onto the centre of the flower die-cut for details. 

The Congratulations die-cut was from Spellbinders Phrase SetOne. I coated the sentiment with Nuvo Crystal Glaze

The second card uses blue polka dot on white card base. I decorated the card with three red roses made using MFT Mini Royal Roses die and framed with leaves from Altenew Beautiful Day.


The sentiment is from SSS Sketch Ranunculus and stamped with Mama Elephant Lollipop ink onto white round card framed with vellum.

The third card used blue polka dot on blue card base to give a tone on tone look. 

I found some gold foiled butterflies die-cut in my stash which I thought would fit well for this card. 
I used the sentiment from Hero Arts Color LayeringButterflies.

This is another tone-on-tone look with white polka dot on white card base. 

I stamped the Hero Arts Color Layering Butterflies using Altenew Sea Shore ink. I then coated the butterfly with Wink of Stella and NuvoCrystal Glaze to give it shine and dimension. But I think I caused the ink to bleed when I added all the all the extra liquids before the ink dried completely. 

The sentiment is from Spellbinders Phrase 1 which was coated with Nuvo Crystal Glaze. I kept the card very simple but added some blue jewels to bring out the colour of the butterfly.

This card used white polka dots on teal card stock. The flowers and leaves were from Altenew Vintage Roses

I had problem with arranging the flowers so I googled to see how other fellow crafters did their arrangement and decided on a vertical arrangement. 

The sentiment is formed using the alphabet die cut using Essentialsby Ellen Classic Block Alpha by Julie. Again Nuvo Crystal Glaze was coated onto the sentiment die-cut for dimension.

The final card used white polka dot on red card base. The girl and sentiment was from MFT I picked you stamp. 

The image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and watercolored using Zig Clear Color Real Brush marker.  

I positioned a white circle and a slightly larger vellum circle behind the girl draw focus to the centrepiece. The card was embellished with some heart-shaped jewels.


I hope you find inspiration from the variety of cards in today post featuring polka dot background.

No comments:

Post a Comment