16 Dec 2018

Gift boxes 1




Warning: This is a long post. This was a project which I started in April 2018. I thought it would be nice to give a small token to all my colleagues on their birthday to show someone at work remembers and care since we spent a big chunk of the day at work it’s like a second home. So I started making gift boxes and filled them with treats to give to my colleagues on their birthdays.


1.      Candy Boxes (Lawn Fawn)


I used mainly the Lawn Fawn Candy Box die to make the boxes. 


I first die-cut the candy boxes; you need 2 pieces to make one candy boxes. Then just applied glue to the flap and attached both pieces together. You can die cut from plain card stock or pattern paper and it would look great.


I die-cut a rainbow arrays of candy boxes and decorated them.  


For most of the candy boxes, I just use plain card stock (mostly my scraps from previous projects). 
 


I die-cut polka dots from scrap papers using MFT Peek-a-Boo Polka Dots which I randomly pieced onto the candy boxes. 



You can also do a variety of shapes, I did some with snowflakes too.
Some of the candy boxes I die-cut shaped windows which I covered with acetate so what I filled into the candy boxes would not fall out.

2.      Corrugated gift boxes




I had a bunch of die-cut gift boxes that I bought a while back. I finally got round to assembling them, decorating them and tagging them after deciding who I wanted to give them to.


These corrugated card die-cut are so pretty, I wish I have the dies for them so I can made some more. I decorated the gift boxes with little sentiments and cute images to personalised them for the recipients. 


The heart shaped flap closure is so brilliant. I decorated with Mama Elephant Little Cat Agenda.



The leaf flap is so cool. I just glued on a stitched oval die cut and stamped with a birthday sentiment.


This pillow die cut box, with it’s black and white looked so chic.


This was ‘blinged’ up with some die-cut sentiments and cute images.


I used a simple star die-cut to decorated all sides of this gift box and the butterfly closure flap is really creative. I actually glued on a tag with the name of the recipient on this one.

3.   Patterned paper gift boxes 




These are another set of die-cut gift boxes made from patterned paper that I bought a while ago. These too were assembled, tagged and filled with treats. These were so pretty I did not fussed much with them.


I find the design on these cards really creative and hope the recipients like them too. I kept all the gift boxes ‘generic’ in case the recipients want to re-gift them. I always feel pretty, creative and inspiring stuff should be shared and continued to be shared.


This is another great design with a butterfly closure flap which I stamped with the word ‘Happy Birthday’.


Another simple yet creative box.


There was no hole on this gift box so I just tied a thread around one of the flap opening.


This was accessorised with a vellum sentiment and I used the pink jewel to cover where I applied the glue so it would not be visible.

As Christmas is just round the corner, perhaps these ideas will help you to get creative with your gift packaging this year. On that note, I need to get going with my Christmas gift shopping. Hope to see you soon. = )

No comments:

Post a Comment