5 Oct 2018

Rainbow series 5 - background die cuts




Ah… All these beautiful rainbow colours, I hope they brighten up your day some. Today, I am sharing many, many cards I made using these rainbow die-cuts.



Last year, I cut my scraps into strips and glued them onto card stock to make rainbow card stock (see here). I still have some of these rainbow cards left so I decided to use them up.

I randomly grabbed a few dies and die-cut these rainbow card stock which was incorporated into various cards.

The first set of cards used the rainbow card die-cut from Mama Elephant All Prettied Up as a backdrop.



The bear and sentiment was from MFT Beary SpecialBirthday.  The image was watercolored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush and fussy-cut and glued on with foam tape.



The cake was also from MFT Beary Special Birthday and the balloons were from Sweet Stamp Shop Balloons stamp. All the images were coloured with Zig Clean Colour Real Brush.


The balloon strings were hand drawn with Versamark pen and heat embossed. The sentiments were from MFT Bitty Bears and Beary SpecialBirthday and stamped on a ribbon strip cut using MFT Blueprint 27.


The MFT bitty bear image was pencil coloured. 


You can’t see in the pictures but the balloons are really sparkly in real life with all the Spectrum Noir I applied on them.

My apologies for the funny rainbow in the next set of cards. After I die-cut the rainbow card using Mama Elephant Rainbow HIgh die, it dawned on me that the colour variance on a rainbow is supposed to be on each strip. But I thought it still looked fun so I used it on these cards.



I added images from Little Boy Agenda, Little Girl Agenda and Little Cat Agenda; the sentiment is from Mama Elephant Just a Note and the heart die-cut is from Simon Says Stamp Mini Heart Outline.


The stars are from SSS Holiday Shapes. The images were coloured with colour pencils. Spectrum Noir was brushed onto the images to add shine and interest. All the images were adhered using foam tape.

A whole piece of the rainbow card was die-cut using MFT Blueprint 27 to use as the card front for the following cards. 




The clouds were die-cut using Mama Elephant Rainbow High using white card stock. A few pieces of the clouds die-cut was stacked together for more dimension. 

The images were using Mama Elephant Little Boy and LittleGirl Agenda, pencil-coloured and added with Spectrum Noir.


The sentiment is from Mama Elephant Just a Note and it was stamped on a white ribbon strip cut using MFT Blueprint 27. The sentiment strip and little boy and girl image was adhered using foam tape.


This next set of rainbow cards are just too cute. The clouds were die-cut from the rainbow card using Mama Elephant Rainbow High. The hearts were die-cut using SSS Holiday Shapes and SSS Mini Heart Outline. 


I thought the cat with the umbrella looked like it jumped from one of the cloud and his fall was buffered by the open umbrella and it would eventually land softly on a bed of cushiony hearts.



The next card has rainbow-coloured hearts falling from the rainbow clouds! This is just so much fun!


The sentiments used here were from MFT Beary Special Birthday and Mama Elephant Just a Note. They are stamped on a ribbon strip cut using MFT Blueprint 27.




The Mama Elephant Girlfriends was coloured with colour pencils and Spectrum Noir.

I die-cut the rainbow card into various shapes, heart and rectangle in this case, and used them as a backdrop for the card.


I placed the rainbow die-cut in the middle of the card base, a piece of vellum was added on top of the rainbow die-cut to mute out the bright colours so that it would not be too distracting for the image place in the front.


Sentiments used were from Mama Elephant Girlfriends and MamaElephant Make a Wish.

For this card, the rainbow card was die-cut using a tag die from Mama Elephant Basic Set. The sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Flip Flop Season was silver heat embossed onto vellum and I used a black sharpie to colour in the back of the vellum behind the word.



The image and sentiment was from MFT Bitty Bear. The image was pencil coloured.


Extra: Just wanted to share that I also cut out 2 tags from the rainbow card. I glued them together, stamped our name on it and laminated it. I used this as a luggage tag.















No comments:

Post a Comment