1 Jun 2018

Border stamp & Heat Embossing


I am a big fan of heat embossing! It did take me a while to get a heat gun and it’s not even a craft heat gun. I couldn’t find one locally within a reasonable price. While searching online, someone said they used a DIY heat tool for their art project and it worked well so I finally got a DIY heatgun.

It has worked well for me thus far. You had to turn it on for a minute or so to get it really hot before using it on your project. Heat embossing is very versatile and you can use it with many projects and the effects is stunning.


For heat embossing, you need to stamp the image with a clear, sticky ink like Versamark, coat the image with the embossing powder and melts the powder just enough with you heat gun.

I used the Mama Elephant BasicBorder Stamp set for this card and heat embossed the various borders using 3 different embossing powders; WOW Metallic Silver superfine, WOW Metallic Copper superfine  and WOW Metallic Gold Rich super fine




I kept the rest of the card very simple, with a simple sentiment stamped on white card stock to keep the focus on all the embossing details on the card.

I hope you like today’s card and if you haven’t try embossing, you MUST! It is really cool and fun.


1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous! I love your use of this stamp set with all those metallic embossing powders. Thank you so much for playing along with us and sharing your art in the Masculine Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp this week :)

    ReplyDelete