4 Jan 2018

Christmas 2017 - Holiday Floral Background


Hello and Happy New Year! Today I am sharing another Christmas card design. I know Christmas is long over but I had some technical problem with my laptop a week before Christmas and I only got it fixed just before New Year and could only post after then. For 2017, I decided to choose 2 products and see what I could made from them. This is the second product and it is using the Hero Arts Holiday Floral Bold Prints.

Hero Arts Holiday Floral Bold Prints is a cling background rubber stamp. First thing I did was dabbed Versamark onto the whole background stamp. Then I placed my card stock on top of the stamp, and laid a piece of scrap paper on top of the card stock and press it lightly over the whole stamp. I repeated this with various colour card stock.



For some of the cards, I die-cut a piece of circle from scrap card and used that to mask off the centre of the card stock so that I can stamp a sentiment in the middle.


Then I coloured in randomly some of the flowers, fruits and leaves with glitter gel pen.

For the cards with the masked-off centre, I heat embossed with sentiments from Mama Elephant Jingle Greetings.


I finished up the rest of the card differently to give them different looks and feel.


For some, I just add die-cut sentiments from Clearly Besotted Merry Christmas die (discontinued) and Mama Elephant Merry die.

For others, I heat embossed the sentiments onto vellum/ black card stock which I affixed onto the card.







As I was planning on making lots of cards, I also cut some of my stamped and coloured card panel into half diagonally so that I could double the number of cards I made.

I then cut a matching narrow strip of card that ran parallel to the card panel and stamped the sentiments above.


I added a small die-cut heart besides the sentiment to add a bit of interest.

Sorry that this post is after Christmas but it was really unexpected when I could not get into my computer. Lastly, I apologised for the bad lighting on the photos. It had been raining a lot and it was difficult to get the right natural lighting to take a proper photo of the cards. In my haste, I also forgot to take pictures of all the cards. 

Tjanks for dropping by and hope to see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment