3 Sept 2017

Watercolour flower card with soft ink blending background




Hello. I hope you are doing well today. Today I am sharing this flower image that I watercoloured and mounted on a soft ink blending background. 


I stamped the image from AltenewBeautiful Lady in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured in using Kuretake ZigClean Colour Real Brush in Carmine Red, Blue and Green. Then, I fussied-cut the image (using cutter for the space inside the petals).





For the background, I used a blending tool to blend in Distress ink Spun Sugar and Scattered Straw. I tried to do the ink splatter that I saw others tried, with Pebeo white gouache paint onto the background. I Iiked the effect but it was not very obvious. I did this by mixing the gouache with water, then tapped and flicked the paint brush over the background.


Next I black heat embossed the sentiments from Altenew Peony Bouquet with Versamark and Wow Primary EbonySuper Fine embossing powder.


Then, I mounted the flower onto the background. I wanted the bouquet to have more dimension so I mounted the stems directly onto the paper with tape glue. For the middle section where the leaves were, I used one layer of foam dots and finally 2 foam dots around the petal area.


Finally, I trimmed down the card with the pink background and mounted it on a darker pink card base towards one side. I also trimmed down the card with the yellow background and mounted it in the centre of a white card base.


I hope you enjoyed today’s card. Just to share, when I started to colour the flower, I did not have the intention of making a card, I just wanted to practise my colouring. But I liked how it turned out. Sometimes we just need to go, explore and see where that leads. You never know how it will turn out. =)

I would like to share that this month is also The Daily Marker 30 days coloring challenge. You can find more details on Kathy's blog. This challenge is to inspire people to spend some time coloring, which can be therapeutic. I encouraged you to check out this challenge and colour something.






No comments:

Post a Comment