30 Aug 2017

Rainbow series 1 - die-cuts




Hello. Thanks for coming over today.  Hope you are doing well so far.
I decided to start a series - Rainbow series - where I shared how I made rainbow papers from scraps that I generated from previous projects and made new cards from these rainbow papers.

As paper crafters, we tend to end up having a tons of scraps. I decided I needed to use them up instead of keep piling them up.

In the next few posts, I will be sharing a series of cards that I made with rainbow paper that I made from scraps. I got this idea from Jennifer McGuire. You should also check out the latest online card classes rainbow maker class for more rainbow ideas.



The first thing I did was I cut all the scraps I had into small strips about half a centimetre wide. Then I glued them all together randomly on plain A4 paper (typing paper) that I had applied double sided tape.




Then I die cut the clouds from the rainbow paper using MamaElephant Rainbow High creative cuts.


I gold heat embossed the aeroplane and banner from ClearlyBesotted Take Flight and drew the connector line using a gold pen.


For the blue card, I punched the two outer strip with MFTBasic Stitch border die. I left a slight space separating the two outer strips from the centre image to add some interest where I stamped repeatedly Happy Birthday sentiment from Mama Elephant Girlfriends using Altenew OceanWaves dye ink.


I then placed the rainbow clouds on the card. I hope you liked today’s card and it will help inspire you to find ways to use your scraps.


No comments:

Post a Comment