24 Sept 2017

Rainbow series 2 - shaker background



Hello again. I hope you are having a great week.
I am continuing with the rainbow series, where I made rainbow paper out of my scraps. I tend to be indecisive when making cards so I do generate quite a bit of scraps, and I liked my stuff kept neat and organised so the ever-growing pile of scraps disturbs me.
The first thing I did was I cut all the scraps I had into small strips about half a centimetre wide. Then I glued them all together randomly on plain A4 paper (typing paper) that I had applied double sided tape. 


I wanted to make a shaker rainbow card and I die-cut a balloon from the rainbow paper using Mama Elephant Rainhow High. 
I used the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool to seal two pieces of acetate that hold the shaker elements.


The card front was blended using Distress Ink – PickedRaspberry and Ripe Persimmon and spritzed with Perfect Pearl infused water. The sentiment from Mama Elephant Happy Everything was white heat embossed. 

I cut out a rectangular frame from some maroon paper to cover/hide the sides of the shaker pocket and the finished card was adhered to a pink card stock.



I then decided the card frame needed some embellishment so I white heat embossed the triangle strips from SSS Flip Flop Season (discontinued) onto the long side of the frame. I messed up with the heat embossing but it was supposed to be a handmade card so it’s not meant to be perfect. 
I hope you liked this card and will come back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment