21 Aug 2017

Sympathy card with Altenew Lacy Scrolls





Welcome and Hello! Today I am sharing a sympathy card that I made for a family who had recently lost their patriarch. I find sympathy card challenging to make, perhaps it was because this was my first time making one. I did have a vision of how I wanted the card to look in my head which I sort of replicate in paper. 


I started by stamping the flower image from Altenew Lacy Scrolls using MFT Pure Plum pigment ink and clear heat embossed. The other images (vines/ leaves) were stamped using Versamark and white heat embossed. I did create a mask for the embossed images as I worked on the adjacent site.


The sentiment, from Heartfelt by Penny Black, was stamped with the same MFT Pure Plum ink and clear heat embossed.


I decided later on to add glossy accents to the flower to give it more dimension. You can compare from the image below the one with glossy accents compared to the one without (picture below). The added dimension does add a lot more interest to the card.


Hope you have a happy and fruitful week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment