28 Jul 2017

You are a Star, Dad



Hello. Hope you are having a great week. I always wanted to play with glitter and was so glad I finally found the perfect card to work on. I wanted to make a star-themed card for my dads on Father’s Day. And Stars must be shiny and glittery, right!

This card was sent out back in June during Father's Day. I only just got some time to write this blogpost. This technique can be used for any occasion cards. 

First, I covered a piece of white card stock with double-sided tape (the backing on the exposed side is still intact). A star was die-cut from this double-sided taped card stock.  So, you now have a star shaped card with double-sided tape. The backing of the double sided tape was then removed and Nuvo Pure Sheen Glitter was poured onto the star. I then ran a scoring tool all over the glitter to brandish the glitter into the adhesive. Loves how pretty and shiny the card was after that.


The sentiment was white heat embossed on vellum and adhered to the back of the card stock. I adhered another star shaped die-cut on the back to hide the ends of the vellum piece. The front panel was then adhered at the top tip onto a blue die-cut star card stock with strong liquid adhesive.


This card was easy to make and being a shaped and glitter-y card makes it unique and special. This was kind of a last minute card and was quick to pull together. Hope you will give something similar a try. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment