13 Jun 2017

Superdad Father's Day Card




Hello and thanks for coming over. Father’s Day will be here soon and I thought I will share the Father’s Day cards that I made last year which I never got round to posting.


First, I die-cut a peep-hole in front of the card where the sentiment was stamped.
I used the ‘superhero’ image from Sweet Stamp Shop Fall into Christmas stamp set to portray the dad as the person who is always there to ‘save the day’. The superhero image was gold heat embossed and coloured. 


I blended some Distress ink randomly to create scene of ‘chaos’/ distress, masking the stamped ‘superhero’ image and the area where the sentiment will be (by putting circle die-cut back in place). I wanted to stamp some fatherly images (ties, spectacles, etc) as watermark in the background for interest, but it did not come out well. I then tried to clear heat embossed the watermark background images.


For the second card, I used typing paper to mask off area as I blended in the colour and shifted the paper as I went. Again, the circle and the stamped image were masked off. Again, I clear embossed some background watermark images. 

The sentiment from Clearly Besotted Take Flight (discontinued set) was stamped through the peep-hole with Versafine onyx black  ink.
I hope you enjoyed today’s card and have a wonderful time celebrating with your dad this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous cards Linda :-) I love the little super hero's very cute, and the backgrounds are fabulous, love the colours and aperture design too :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete