16 Apr 2019

Framed Fairy



Hello and thanks for dropping by! It’s been a while since I craft as I was busy with some personal stuff. Recently (finally), I bought a shelf to store all my crafting equipment and materials and re-organised by crafting area. Whilst doing that, I found some images that I had stamped and colored but never used on a craft project yet, and I wanted to use these pretty images.




I wanted to create a monotone foliage frame around the fairy. The card I created came out having a very different feel from the image I had in my head. The one in my head has a darker feel, whereas this one has more of a pretty, cute-sy feel.

There are many beautiful frame dies out there these days and that is the inspiration for today's card. Since I don't have any, I decided to create my own.



Firstly, I cut out the oval frame from white card stock and craft foam. I wanted to use the craft foam to give the card some dimension. 


I then looked through my dies and found some leaves and motifs die that is suitable. The dies I used were from Altenew Lacy Scrolls and some small leaf and flower die. I then glued the various die-cuts onto the back of the white card stock to form the frame. This was then sandwiched with the craft foam.


On another piece of white card stock, I blended the bottom of the card using Distress Oxide Peacock Feather and used the oval frame that I cut out earlier to mask out the bottom of the card as I blended the top of the card with Distress Oxide Worned Lipstick.

The sweet fairy from The Greeting Farm Little Fairies was then glued onto the ink blended background and inside the frame we made. I trimmed the final card down and glued onto a pink card base.


I hope you like this simple card with its sweet fairy. I have few more fairytale theme cards to share soon. Hope you will come back to again to see them.


No comments:

Post a Comment