3 Feb 2018

Rainbow series 4 - cut out shaker card


Hi there!  I hope you are enjoying my series of posts on using scraps useful. As crafters, we not only generate a lot of scraps, we also had rejects or cards that we messed up. Today I am sharing how I messed up a card I was working on and what I did to make the most out of it. I try not to discard things without knowing I had done what I could to salvage it.

Just some intro, rainbow series is my blogposts on using scraps. It started with strips of scraps that I glued together to form rainbow-patterned card thus the name rainbow series. It eventually metamorphosed with other ideas on using up scraps. Today, I am sharing a project where I cut out the part that I messed up and made a gorgeous shaker card with it.



This was the mess, from an earlier post – White outline stamping on coloured cardstock. I messed it up when I decided to colour the image then changed my mind. I tried to erase the colour but it did not work.




I also had a side folding card that I stamped earlier but noticed there was a slight faint line on one side. This could easily be covered with any pattern paper or card on top.

I decided to make a shaker card by cutting out the area that I wanted remove and replaced it with a window. A piece of acetate slightly larger than the window was cut and glued onto the card on the inner side.
A sentiment from Penny Black Special Wishes stamp set were white heat embossed onto the clear acetate. Remember to always treat your surface with a powder tool before applying the embossing ink.
My Favourite Things Sketched Chevron Background was stamped onto the side-folding card with the faint line on one side. This particular card was bigger than the background stamp so I drew in the lines on the bottom end which could be seen through in the window using a red pen.




I then layered 2 foam tapes together to form my shaker card. Coloured sequins and flowers (from local craft stores) were added to the window section before taping the card front together with the base.



I really liked how the card came together and the colourful sequins really made the card popped. And all this started with a reject piece of card. I hope you will looked at some of your projects that had gone wrong and see how you could make other beautiful projects out of it!

Have a great week ahead, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment